Respond to the questions and upload the written response as a file.
Post must be 250 words minimum-350 words maximum.
Post word count at the end of your post.
No headings or titles
Demonstrate your knowledge of the assigned website
All material must be in your own words.
No direct quotes over 1.5 sentences.
Two direct quotes maximum.
This will be checked for plagiarism
Your responses to each of the questions answered should be different.
Offer different illustrations and examples as your respond to each question.
Do not repeat the questions in your paper
Mary Chesnut’s diary
Crisis at Fort Sumter with background
Use only this primary source
Do not use your text or outside sources or Internet sources
Do not write a paper on accomplishments of women or all women and the war.
You are to analyze this document as an illustration on how the war impacted women.
1) What is the historical context or setting of the document? Include the specific date or time period of the source
2) How did the coming of the war impact the women discussed in the document?
How did it change their lives?
3) Did you notice a different role played by women compared to the men in the document?
4) How did reading this primary source aid your understanding of how the start of the war impacted women?
5) Do you think reading a source written by women offers a different perspective on events?
Use specific details from the document to answer the questions
The link (Links to an external site.) gives background on Mary Chesnut and the excerpt from her diary.