Given that Dr. Bueller wants to make stocks a major part of his investment portfolio, you decide to focus on how to analyze stocks. You decide to use a large U.S. industrial company, to demonstrate how to analyze stocks.
The research department has provided you with the following information regarding this company.
- This year (2009), free cash flow is expected to reach $325 million.
- In 2010, it is expected to reach $350 million.
- 2011, $400 million.
- 2012, $425 million
- And 2013, $450 million.
The analyst has projected an intrinsic value for this stock of $65.00.
Dr. Bueller is busy this week, so he asks you to send him an e-mail. Compose an e-mail that in addition to explaining the following information for the industrial company, which is a publicly traded company that trades on the NYSE, addresses the efficient market hypothesis, and how the analyst responsible for monitoring this stock has projected this intrinsic value for the company’s stock.
- 52-week range: Hi 75 Lo 35
- Current stock price: 50
- Dividend Yield: 2.75%
- Dividend per share: 1.375
- P/E ratio: 20
- Earnings per share: $2.50
- Shares outstanding: 100 million
- Market capitalization: $5 billion
- Cost of capital: 9%
- Growth rate of free-cash-flows beyond 2013: 3%