Types of White-Collar Crime
For this assignment, you are going to become a white-collar criminal! Using the proper terminology, write a 4- to 5-page report in Microsoft Word describing how you would orchestrate one of the following types of white-collar crimes:
- Bait and switch
- Telemarketing fraud
- Ponzi scheme
- Charity-based fraud
Your report should clearly demonstrate your understanding of the type of crime you have chosen. Be sure to complete the assigned reading. Your report should cover the following points:
- Define and describe each of the four types of white-collar crime listed above.
- Select one type and describe what your goals would be if you were to engage in this crime.
- Provide detailed descriptions of the methods you will use to carry out the crime.
- Mention who your victims will be, why you selected these victims, and how you will approach them.
- Identify which law enforcement agency or agencies would have responsibility for investigating your crime, and describe the challenges they will face in doing so.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.