The culture and morale compasses Case 4
NOTE: We do not resell pre-written papers. Upon ordering a paper, we custom-write an original paper exclusively for you. Please proceed and order an original paper to enjoy top grades.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
In the Module 4 Case, we will complete an in-depth analysis of an organization’s culture (Costco), and determine the extent to which the organization’s culture fits with the organization’s strategic choices. Begin by reading the following article:
Ford, R. C., Wilderom, C., & Caparella, J. (2008). Strategically crafting a customer-focused culture: An inductive case study. Journal of Strategy and Management, 1(2), 143-167. Retrieved from ProQuest.
Using the article above, write a 6- to 7-page paper in which you address the following:
Complete an in-depth, comprehensive analysis of the Gaylord Palms’ organizational culture and values, analyzing the ways in which the specific components of organizational culture and values assist – or impede – the success of the organization’s strategic choices.
Keys to the Assignment
The key aspects of this assignment that are to be covered in your 6- to 7- page paper include the following:
- Using the Module 4 Background readings related to organizational culture, and after performing additional research in the library, explain how organizational culture at the Gaylord Palms Hotel:
- Creates meaning for its members;
- Establishes informal organizational controls; and
- Ensures (or alternatively, hinders) the success of Gaylord Palms’ strategic choices.
- Which of Gaylord Palms’ values are most salient, and how do these same values relate to the organization’s culture?
- What is required for an organization’s culture to be “effective”? Is Gaylord Palms’ organizational culture an “effective” culture? Why or why not? Be specific.
- What specific characteristics/elements of Gaylord Palms’ organizational culture do you believe are most significant relative to ensuring the success of Gaylord Palms’ strategic direction (e.g., symbols, artifacts, roles, etc.)? Why?
- Be sure to use a minimum of three (3) library sources in support of your answers!