Module 1 – Case
LEADERSHIP TRAITS AND TRIBAL LEADERSHIP
The Module 1 Case requires that you complete the Leadership Traits Questionnaire (LTQ), and use the results of the LTQ to formulate your personal leadership traits.
You will find the LTQ at the link below:
Complete the LTQ, and request that a minimum of three (and maximum of five) individuals who know you well complete the LTQ on your behalf. Follow the instructions at the end of the survey scale, noting the following:
- The items on which you scored highest and lowest.
- The items for which there were notable differences between your self-ratings and the average of othersâ€™ ratings.
After you have taken the LTQ, please respond to the following requirements in a well-written, 4- to 5-page paper (not counting the title page or reference section):
- Discuss your scores on the LTQ, detailing what surprised you about the results, as well as what did not surprise you.
- Compare the scores you received from your peers to the scores you received based on your own LTQ answers. What was most different? What was similar?
- Write a 5-step action plan for improving your leadership skills based on the feedback you received from your LTQ as well as the scores you received from others.
Use these instructions for finding Skillsoft Books (BusinessPro and ITPro) (24×7) in the Trident Online Library. NOTE: Use the title in the search box when a number is not provided.
Ackerman, C. (2017). The big five personality traits & the 5-factor model explained. Positive Psychology Program. Available in the Trident Online Library. Retrieved from https://positivepsychologyprogram.com/big-five-personality-theory/
Berson, Alan S.â€¯(2013).â€¯Changes in conversations from manager to leader.â€¯[Video File]. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Hall, G. (2009). Tribal leadership: An interview with David C. Logan and John King. Reflections, 9 (3-4), 15-19. Retrieved from [EBSCO host] Business Source Complete, AN Accession Number: 57520554. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Logan, D. (2011). Tribal Leadership. Google Tech Talks, [Video File]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jirePLc0U1A
Partridge, A. (2012). Tribal leadership. How does it affect your company culture? Enviable Workplace. Retrieved from http://enviableworkplace.com/tribal-leadership-and-your-company-culture/
Chapter 15.2: Understanding organizational culture. (2012). In Organizational behavior. Retrieved from https://saylordotorg.github.io/text_organizational-behavior-v1.1/s19-02-understanding-organizational-c.html. Licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.