Choose a specific population, examine cultural issues that might impact their choice to access, maintain use or engagement in psychotherapy, and create a presentation for your peers.
- Choose your population – Choose one you are not, necessarily, familiar with but this population would be salient to your practice.
- Research what cultural issues have been found to impact access, engagement, and use of psychotherapy. Please utilize mostly scholarly sources.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation (4-5 slides – not including title and references). (you are not required to have voice-over)
- Include the following slides:
- Title Slide
- Why Cultural Issues are Important in Psychotherapy?
- Factors Impacting Access, Engagement, and the Use of Psychotherapy
- (Define Your Population) (address social, cultural, spiritual, language, economics, familial traditions, etc…)
- Addition info