Scenario:Carol wants to become a medical assistant. She is wondering why it is necessary to spend the time learning the roots, suffixes, and prefixes of medical terms when it is faster to simply memorize the actual medical terms. She has commented to you that she is studying to be a medical assistant, not an English teacher and that learning all the word components seems like a waste of time.
1. Using the scenario above, answer the following questions:
A. How would you respond to Carol?
B. Describe issues you yourself may have had relating medical terms to the structure and function of the human body, as well as, spelling and pronunciation problems.
Follow these guidelines when answering the questions:
- Use a maximum of 100 words.
- Be clear, concise, and well organized using as many pertinent medical terms as possible.
- Be free of grammatical, mechanical, and format errors.
- Be in your own words (do not copy text directly from a website, text, or other reference materials) and contain citations from all sources used.