Paper 3 is a research paper. The completed paper should be 8-10 pages double spaced not including the works cited page. You need to describe an important contemporary issue or problem, give some of the causes of the issue, and explore possible solutions. The topic can be something you already know a lot about or a totally new topic that interests you. You are not required to stick with your topic from paper #2. You may even decide to explore an issue related to your chosen profession. Avoid writing about partisan issues such as abortion and global warming. These topics are also too large a topic for such a short paper. You will use research to strengthen and support your description and explanation. You will need to find at least 5 different sources that you integrate into the document in your paper and you will need a Works Cited page to acknowledge those sources. At least three of your sources need to be from scholarly journals found in the library databases. You will use MLA format in Rules for Writers.
The paper will be organized in this way with one or more paragraphs per section.
- Dramatic introduction with a story, or examples, or quotes or statics or other fact to introduce and illustrate the contemporary issue or problem. Be sure to include your thesis in the introduction.
- Describe the problem and discuss how it is a problem that must be solved, perhaps describing some of the serious effects.
- Give the cause (if there is only one) or causes( if there are more than one) behind the problem because the reader needs to understand the causes to appreciate the solutions
- Describe several solutions proposed by others and how they work or are working (or not working).
- Explain one solution and why it should work: Choose one or a combination of the solutions you described in IV or create your own solution.
- Conclude with the significance of the problem and its solution or a call for a specific action.
You will put the paper in a folder, along with copies of 5 of your cited pages with the section of the original you used highlighted or bracketed. You will also need to include an earlier draft of your paper in the folder.
here is my sources that i found:
- This paper addresses the growing phenomenon of cosmetic surgery tourism through a focus on the development of this industry in South Korea. Holliday, Ruth, et al. “Trading Faces: The ‘Korean Look’ and Medical Nationalism in South Korean Cosmetic Surgery Tourism.” Asia Pacific Viewpoint, vol. 58, no. 2, Aug. 2017, pp. 190–202. EBSCOhost, doi:10.1111/apv.12154.
- Facial plastic surgery may be undertaken for a variety of reasons. Patients may have had traumatic experiences prior to surgery, such as an accident, a physical assault, or severe illness resulting in facial damage, and they may have used inadequate coping strategies. Ehlert, Ulrike. “Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: Reason for or Consequence of Facial Plastic Surgery?” Facial Plastic Surgery, vol. 31, no. 4, Aug. 2015, pp. 396–400. EBSCOhost, doi:10.1055/s-0035-1562881.
- Using knowledge-based theories of self–esteem, we investigate the relationship between employed adults’ change in self–esteem following cosmetic facial surgery and changes in their job satisfaction and workplace burnout. Kalus, Alicia R., and Christina Cregan. “Cosmetic Facial Surgery: The Influence of Self-Esteem on Job Satisfaction and Burnout.” Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources, vol. 55, no. 3, July 2017, pp. 320–336. EBSCOhost, doi:10.1111/1744-7941.12137
- In the affluent part of the world, there is an increasing occurrence of obesity with Body Mass Index (BMI) above 40, which has resulted in an increasing number of operations such as gastric bypass (GB).Wagenblast, Anne Lene, et al. “Self-Reported Problems and Wishes for Plastic Surgery after Bariatric Surgery.” Journal of Plastic Surgery & Hand Surgery, vol. 48, no. 2, Apr. 2014, pp. 115–121. EBSCOhost, doi:10.3109/2000656X.2013.822384.
- Side effect of plastic surgery: Rates of plastic surgery procedures have increased dramatically over the past several decades, especially for the women in South Korea Purposehttps://www.dovepress.com/side-effect-experiences-of-south-korean-women-in-their-twenties-and-th-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-IJWH
You could find more source for the work cited in :