Purpose of Assignment
For this assignment, the student will identify and interview someone they know who is in a management role. This allows the student to integrate the experience of real world managers with their own insights into planning and strategy. The assignment also reinforces the importance of contingency planning.
Interview someone you know who is in a management role. This can be at your current place of employment or someone you know personally working in a managerial role.
Prepare a 1,050-word discussion of the interview:
- Discuss what you discovered about contingency planning.
- Discuss how creativity and critical thinking relate to contingency planning.
- Explain how you might integrate creativity into your own planning process.
- Discuss what you learned about creativity and its relationship to the decision-making process.
- Identify the key steps that might require a contingency plan.
Include a copy of the completed interview form seperatly or as an addendum (note this is not included in word count) – points will be deducted if not included.
(Note: Cover and reference Page not included in word count)
References – All written assignments require support from external references. They can be used to support your ideas and conclusions, contrast them, or relate them to a personal experience.
The following are examples of some acceptable original sources
- Scholarly Periodicals
- Scholarly Books
- Reputable Translations of Foreign Works
- Research Forums or Hotlines on the Internet
- Internet Periodicals by Reputable Organizations
A minimum of two separate references are required for all written assignments. Assignment’s submitted without a minimum of 2 separate citations will receive a Zero Grade
Format the assignment consistent with APA guidelines.