After reviewing the resources this week on what a precìs summary is, you will need to locate and review a journal article from the past two years. The steps below will guide you through the location and creation of your precis summary.
- Locate a peer-reviewed study that is appropriate to military psychology. Appropriate topics may include: employee selection, retention, training, management, performance appraisal, benefits & compensation, conflict negotiation, and many others. If you have a question about whether or not your topic is appropriate, reach out to your instructor prior to the due date of this activity.
- Read the article several times.
- Make a note of any questions you have about the study described in the article.
- Write an outline, summarizing the article.
- Write down some questions & opinions about the article
- Start your review with a citation of the article.
- Provide a summary of the article in the first few paragraphs of your review.
- Provide a review of the article, including your opinions regarding strengths and weaknesses of the article.
- Your last section should include practical applications of the findings of the study. You should also address future directions for research in this section.
- Your closing paragraph should summarize your review.
**When you turn your precìs summary in, you will only turn in the summary. Any outline you did as preparation for the summary does not need to be included. I have attached a peer review article on military psychology but if you can find one better on PTSD then please feel free as long as it is a peer review on military psychology.