you have been asked by IKEA to make a suggestion for an organizational chart that IKEA can consider to better support its international strategy. Let’s assume that some top IKEA executives like and want to keep the current structure. (See
However, recently there has been pressure from a few IKEA leaders to consider that the company must become more innovative in its approach to global expansion.
To complete the new proposed organization structure, review the IKEA case study from Chapter 8 of your textbook (book is attached) Then review some additional information about IKEA on the internet. Also, review the organizational design elements in this week’s module lecture. Make sure you fully understand the concepts presented in Chapter 9 of the textbook.
- Talk about international strategy
- Decide what you think would be the best organizational structure for IKEA at this point in time, based on the strategy implementation concepts presented in this course.
- Discuss about the current structure and also be aware that you will need to substantiate your recommended organizational structure changes or justify your recommendation to keep the current structure. Please note that whether you will keep the current structure or you will change it, it must support “innovative structure”
- Link the contents with organizational design elements
- Introduce the thesis of your paper (what you will be presenting).
- Introduce your organizational chart(s).
- Discuss and explain how you determined that this structure should be implemented by IKEA.
- End with a summary statement of the highlights of your paper.