Complete a Gemba Walk in your place of employment and document your observations. Refer to the SWOT analysis you conducted in Week Three to select the areas in need of improvement and narrow the list of places to conduct your Gemba Walk. While completing your walk, look for ways to eliminate inefficiencies, reduce waste, improve a product, or streamline a process.
Write a 2- to 3-page report on your observations of your Gemba. Include the following in your report:
- Include a summary of the organization (e.g., products or services, mission and vision)
- Provide context (where did you focus your Gemba on and why?)
- Gemba observations
- What was the goal of your Gemba?
- Where did you go?
- What did you observe?
- Who did you observe?
- Give a preliminary analysis of your observations.
- List key takeaways.
- List three short-term opportunities and one long-term opportunity to eliminate inefficiencies, reduce waste, improve a product, or streamline a process.