For this assignment, complete the following:
- Review the state laws and regulations relating to the practice of counseling for your specialization. Within these regulations, locate the specific areas relating to:
- Internship requirements (this may include the fieldwork internship you complete during your degree program as well as any post-degree internship hours that you may need to collect).
- Supervision (who can function as a supervisor in your state and what are the requirements for being a supervisor).
- Licensing/certification (requirements and application process).
- Continuing education requirements for licensed/credentialed counselors (how many hours will you need and how often).
- Information about the grounds for suspension or revocation of a license (list 3 specific things that can get you into trouble in your state).
2. Articulate specific strategies for remaining current of all revisions and amendments to state laws that regulate and impact credentialing, certification, and licensing of counseling professionals. Include steps needed to implement the strategy with the support of at least one peer reviewed journal article.
For the state of North Carolina as Licensed Professional Counselor