1. View this week’s
2. INDIVIDUALLY, identify your local and/or regional HazMat resource facilities or “key personnel” (toxicologist, poison control center, industrial/transportation mitigation expert teams,
3. Prepare your “Master” Incident Action Plan “Template” for your portfolio, specifically (including) related to all government and private resources, including specialized medical care facilities, that you would use for an event in your jurisdiction.
4. Locate, identify, and provide your cohort with two “unique” (not class materials cited) on-line or off-line resources for the identification of hazardous materials or the protection/mitigation/emergency care of same.
5. Research and review the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS). List the purpose and goal of the SNS for local response and governmental response organizations.
Week 5 READING: Assess and Plan
- Case Study week 5 Planning the Incident.ppt (1.971 MB)
1. Read Noll Chapters 9 to 11
2. Read Stilp, R.
3. Read Henry, T.; Decontamination for Hazardous Materials Emergencies
4. Consider browsing Medical Management of Radiological Casualties, from the Resources/Library
5. Work the PowerPoint problems as INDIVIDUALS, and COMMENT/DISCUSS each others submission.
6. Extend last week’s data in your portfolio: Identify your community’s local (municipality), regional (county), state/province Emergency Management Agency and locate the EOC contact for each division. Submit address, phone, website, email (as part of your portfolio) Identify the Chief Emergency Manager, the designated Hazardous Materials agency and lead officer and lead technical specialist for each level.
7. Research and review the “Whole Community” Planning principles. Extend your research into week 6 describing the purpose and goal of this planning method. List 3 considerations that you would now include in your preparation