Identify the major developments that affect health care delivery in the United States.
Provide a broad understanding of how health care is delivered in the United States.
Further explore the issue of equity in the distribution of health services using the contrasting theories of market justice and social justice in U.S. Health Care delivery.
Discuss the evolution of U.S. health care and identify currrent trends.
1. Read Health Information Management, Principles & Practice – Chapter 1.
2. Read the online readings and review online websites provided below.
- 3. Complete the MindTap Exercise and Learning Lab for Chapter 1.
4. Complete the Unit 1 Activity – Powerpoint on Historical Significance.
- TEXTBOOK READING:
Health Information Management, Principles & Practice – Chapter 1
- The Significance of Historical Milestones for Health Care Administration
It is widely believed that in order to understand the present, you have to examine the past. Health care administrators must have a robust awareness of health care delivery and be able to use this knowledge to fulfill their professional responsibilities.
Based on your reading and evaluation, identify the top three most important milestones since 1960, that have shaped the health care system into what we know today.
Create an engaging presentation (5 slides, plus title and references for a total of 7 slides) in which you present your top three historical milestones and provide the rationale for your selections.