Review the contents from Module 5-8. Submit a final paper to analyze how health information systems can improve patient-centered care. Relate the topics to your own experiences. Use at least 3 additional academic references. Your paper should be at least 1000 words, using APA style formatting. Include the following topics in your paper.
- How can the health information technologies (e.g., CPOE, telehealth, and telemedicine) be used for improving patient participation and promoting patient empowerment?
- How can these technologies be applied for reducing medical errors and adverse events.
- How can these technologies promote personalized medicine?
- What are the barriers and challenges of implementing these technologies?
- What are the strategies to overcome these barriers and meet the challenges?
Submit a final paper to analyze how Health Information Technology (HIT) can improve patient-centered care. SLOs, Elements of final paper.
- Identify information systems tools, techniques, and methodologies applicable to healthcare systems.
- Create a reporting and support process for healthcare decision-making based upon the research for question #1
- Design information policies to ensure consistency with the clinical, ethical, legal and financial requirements of healthcare institutions.
- Evaluate all aspects of the plan to utilize HIT to improve patient-catered care as designed in 1-3.
The Grading Rubric for this Final Project can be accessed here.