I’m working on a health & medical discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
- Read Chapter 3 in Ross, T. K. (2014). Health care quality management: tools and applications. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Read pages 3-5 in U. S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration (2011). “Developing and implementing a QI plan.” Retrieved from: https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/quality/toolbox/508pdfs/developingqiplan.pdf
- Watch QIO Program (2014, May 7). Logic model. Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFhaHCVY_Yo&feature=youtu.be.
- Watch QIO Program (2014, Jun 30). Failure Mode Effects Analysis. Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOLfe37gq4g&feature=youtu.be.
- Watch QIO Program (2014, Jul 16). Root Cause Analysis. Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS9H5kC5iv8&feature=youtu.be.
First contrast the differences between medical and economic decision making. Then describe the conditions that must be present for a health care provider to receive a positive return on investment in quality improvement.
Then consider how incentives for reimbursement of services can impact some of the decisions that are made in health care delivery that may impact the quality of health care services. After completing your readings and watching this week’s videos, what types of incentives can arise under different reimbursement systems and how could these incentives effect the quality of care.