Group therapy proposal assignment
Group Therapy Proposal Assignment.
Problem here: Depression
Introduction (1 – 2 pages)
o What is the problem that needs to be addressed?
o Why does this problem need to be addressed?
o Justify the use of a group format to address the issue
Brief Literature Review (2-3 pages)
• Provide a brief overview of the professional literature on the subject of interest and address the use of groups with the subject of interest or similar subjects
Target Population (1 – 2 pages)
• How will participants be recruited?
• How will participants be screened?
• What are the criteria for inclusion and exclusion from the group? Why?
• What are some of the potential risks or special considerations associated with doing group therapy with this population? How will you manage the risk?
Group Type (1- 2 pages)
• What group format will be employed (i.e. training, therapy, support, self-growth, educational)? Why?
• What are the group logistics (session length, frequency of meetings, cost, etc.)?
• What are the location requirements?
• Where will the group be conducted?
• What materials are required?
• What are the requirements for attendance?
• Is the group open or closed?
Group Orientation (2 – 3 pages)
• What theoretical orientation will form the basis for your interventions?
o Consider an orientation grounded in a family therapy modality
o Feel free to incorporate other group theories
• Justify the use of the orientation
o How will the participants benefit?
• Identify and describe at least two specific group interventions that will be used during the group.
General Overview of the Group (1 – 2 pages)
• May be in outline format
• Provide a meeting-by-meeting breakdown of the session goals or focus
• Provide a very brief (1-2 sentences) explanation of how each session will be designed to meet the identified goals
• Overall, the session goals should represent a clearly thought-out progression and should be related to one another and the purpose of the group
Prepare a brief (5-10 minutes) verbal presentation of your proposal to the class during the final weekend session of class—Please do separate power points here in addition to the above…
5-6 references to both the PPT and the above work