1. Go to https://corrections.az.gov/public-resources/inspector-general/security-threat-group-unit/security-threat-group-faqs (Links to an external site.) OR https://nicic.gov/gangs-security-threat-groups (Links to an external site.) and find out about local gangs in your area. Give a paragraph description of ONE gang in your area. Okay, you may find a gang in a nearby city since many of you will deny gangs in your area. Pick a group if not in your area!!! You should check your state department of corrections as well for information.
2. What is RICO? Is it being used against gangs? What identification means(how do you identify them) and search procedures (what are appropriate searches in arrest for the potentially violent) are used to arrest gang members? Does your state have a RICO type law against gangs and what are special procedures related to this. Note the state, please.
b. summarize this video
3. Do some research and find ONE case that has constitutional implications (4, 5, 6, 8 th amendments) for or against gangs. Use the case summary method below to write this case. You will do your own research. Use your own words to summarize.
Give case number/year, then:
1. FACTS: 2-3 sentences summarizing the important facts.
2. ISSUE: Usually there is only one issue in a case. It generally asks a constitutional question or raises a constitutional issue and set out why a case is important.
3. HOLDING: The holding generally answers the constitutional question raised or addresses the issue raised.
4. REASONING: (The most difficult part of the brief.) Explain why the court held or decided the way it did. It should be approximately 4 sentences.
5. CASE SIGNIFICANCE: 2+ sentences which will include the impact on aw enforcement or corrections person
ALL Parts MUST be answered