Firewall Rules and Policies computer science homework help
NOTE: We do not resell pre-written papers. Upon ordering a paper, we custom-write an original paper exclusively for you. Please proceed and order an original paper to enjoy top grades.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Part 1: Showing Management Sample Firewall Policy Exceptions: (15 points)
Upper management is requesting the following be allowed for client PCs to access: Netmeeting, Instant Messenger, and P2P Software.
1. Should Microsoft Netmeeting be allowed for online meetings with customers? Why or why not? Be thorough in your explanation and support your opinions with examples. (5 Points).
2. Should Instant Messenging be allowed for providing live support? Why or why not? Be thorough in your explanation and support your opinions with examples. (5 Points).
3. Should P2P Software be allowed for downloading music that can be played on the factory floor? Why or why not? Be thorough in your explanation and support your opinions with examples. (5 Points).
Part 2: Developing Firewall Rules:
Develop a detailed set of firewall rules that will permit incoming SMTP, DNS, and HTTP traffic. Include whether the rule is a TCP or UDP ruleset.
See examples on the bottom of Page 219 in the text. HINT: You’ll need a rule for both ports that would use HTTP
1. SMTP Server = 192.168.10.11 ( 5 Points)
2. DNS Server = 192.168.10.12 (5 Points)
3. HTTP Server = 22.214.171.124 (10 Points)
4. Give a brief descriptions of what each rule you write is doing. (5 Points)
Lab Layout: (10 Points)
Make sure your lab is labeled clearly including exercise titles and any/all questions and answers given.