Resources: Financial Accounting: Tools for Business Decision Making
Note: The financial statements of Apple, Inc. are presented in Appendix A of Financial Accounting. Instructions for accessing and using the company’s complete annual report, including the notes to the financial statements, are also provided in Appendix A.
Complete a 1,050-word summary of findings and recommendations from the following questions:
- What were the total cost and book value of property, plant, and equipment at September 27, 2014?
- Using the notes to find financial statements, what method or methods of depreciation are used by Apple for financial reporting purposes?
- What was the amount of depreciation and amortization expense for each of the three years 2012-2014? (Hint: Use the statement of cash flows).
- Using the statement of cash flows, what are the amounts of property, plant, and equipment purchased in 2014 and 2013?
- Using the notes to the financial statements, explain in the summary how Apple accounted for its intangible assets in 2014.
Use the Week 2 ExcelÂ® spreadsheet to show your work and submit with your summary.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
- Financial Reporting Problem, Apple, Inc. Grading Guide
- Week 2 ExcelÂ® Spreadsheet
- Financial Accounting: Appendix A