Joanne presents to the emergency department after catching dinner on fire. According to the fire department, the house was engulfed in heavy smoke, and Joanne was rescued from the kitchen, where the fire originated. She has respiratory distress requiring 4 liters nasal cannula flow of oxygen. She has second and third degree burns over her right arm, leg, and chest/abdomen. Address the following questions:
- What is the percentage of body mass burned?
- What would her wounds look like?
- What other concerns alarm you regarding her care?
- What and why would you choose a set of orders upon admission to the hospital?
- Discuss a recommendation for environmental and nutritional interventions for acute and chronic conditions.
Support your summary and recommendations plan with a minimum of two APRN approved scholarly resources.