Develop: Presentation and ReflectionEvaluation Title: Your Story The final project asks you to demonstrate that you have gained mastery of these objectives: Explain how and why the study of the Humani
NOTE: We do not resell pre-written papers. Upon ordering a paper, we custom-write an original paper exclusively for you. Please proceed and order an original paper to enjoy top grades.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Develop: Presentation and ReflectionEvaluation Title: Your Story
The final project asks you to demonstrate that you have gained mastery of these objectives:
- Explain how and why the study of the Humanities is relevant to the contemporary human experience.
- Analyze how personal experience affects one’s interpretation of humanities texts.
Throughout this course, you have discovered how looking at life from different perspectives expands your view of the world, and provides a richer experience of life both individually and collectively.
- In Unit 1 you learned about mythology, heroes and villains, philosophy, and ethics. You saw how philosophy can frame an idea or situation completely different depending upon the way that you look at things.
- In Unit 2 you learned about the importance of perception and point of view in the creation of individual and collective memories. The way that people see life is the way that they remember life.
- In Unit 3 you discovered the different ways that religion shapes the reality of the followers, as well as the impact that different religions have on life globally. Again, this opportunity to examine other ways of thinking expands your own perceptions so that you understand the perspectives of others a bit better.
- In Unit 4 you found different ways of expressing the stories that shape your life, and the lives of others. You read the dark tale of premeditated murder from Edgar Allen Poe and saw how his protagonist justified a heinous act. Poetry is found in all types of forms, and you constructed your own story and poem to start building your final assessment.
- In Unit 5 you found music in all its multiple shapes and forms. From classical through death metal, music adds a depth to the experience of life that no other medium possesses. You added music to your final project story and expanded the depth of your story.
- Unit 6 expanded the definition of visual arts from just drawings or paintings to architecture, 3D art, and dance. By adding multiple forms of expression to your final project, you tell a more meaningful and emotionally powerful story to really draw your audience closer to your experience.
- Unit 7 provided the framework to see the world through the different cohorts of people. Life looks very different to people at different times of their lives. The impact of culture and cohort adds another framework for you to reflect upon your story and think about other ways of perceiving your experiences.
Instructions: In this final project, tell your story through a presentation and reflection on how other people may perceive your story.
You will create a 4 to the 8-minute presentation.
You can choose to do either of the following:
- Record a narrated presentation that is 4-8 minutes in length.
- Using the speaker notes in the presentation include a script of what would be said on each slide. The script needs to be a total of 1000-1500 words. Make sure to view the word count for the presentation.
- You can choose to do either of the following:
- In a Word document, provide a reflection on your final story and analyze your choices.
Estimated time to complete: 4 hours
HU240 Final Assessment Handout [PDF]