You have been meeting with the CEO, the project sponsor, your
manager, and the heads of all the other departments to discuss the
project and their expectations. You are starting to be concerned about
the level of risk of this project and whether or not the organization
really understands it. As far as you can tell, the company has never
done formal risk management, taking a more relaxed approach to risks.
You are starting to develop your risk management plan; you will present
it to your manager and the sponsor in two weeks along with some other
project planning deliverables.
- Create a project charter and identify the key constraints of the
project (scope, budget, timeline, quality, people resources, etc.).
- Using the scenario from this unit, create a spreadsheet that
lists all the project risks you see based on what you currently know
about the project. List at least 15 risks. For each project risk,
- Detailed description
- Category (schedule, strategy, people, etc.)
Note: This list will be used in later activities throughout the course.
Your submitted assignment (175 points) must include the following:
- A 2-4 page typed document that includes:
- A project charter and identification of key constraints
- At least 15 risks listed in a spreadsheet with a detailed description and the category of each