COMPETENCIES ADDRESSED IN THIS ASSIGNMENT
- Competency 1: Dissect criminal justice ethical issues and practices.
- Competency 2: Apply human rights standards.
- Competency 3: Compare different ethics systems in a criminal justice community and leadership context.
- Competency 4: Articulate how personal biases affect ethical approaches to criminal justice dilemmas.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in writing.
Throughout the course, you have analyzed the ethical dimension of policing practice, examined the basis for personal and professional ethics, and reviewed the guidance provided by professional codes of practice and human rights standards. Your study of the ethical principles and how they are applied in a policing context highlighted the major ethical problems, such as discrimination, corruption, deception, racial profiling, and use of excessive force.
For this assignment, prepare a 4–6-page paper (1–1.5 pages per competency for Competencies 1 through 4), focused on the course competencies and address two key areas of learning for each competency. Competency 5 will be showcased through your coverage of Competencies 1–4.
Ensure that this paper showcases your learning proficiency and describes the importance of your learning relative to application in a career context.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- References: Include one reference per competency.
- APA formatting: Format resources and citations as per current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: 4–6 pages (1–1.5 pages per competency for Competencies 1 through 4), not including the title page or the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
3 days ago