CMC (Coastal Medical Center) Case Study:
After investigating the declining performance of CMC, the new CEO believes that a new marketing plan is necessary to gain market share. Based on your research, use the questions below to help the CEO develop a IT and marketing plan that will place CMC on a new road to success.
- Outline a general healthcare marketing plan that is appropriate for CMC.
- CMC is experiencing declining inpatient and outpatient volumes. Develop a list of five marketing initiatives to improve clinical workload.
- Who should be involved in developing the CMC marketing plan, and at what point in the planning process should you consult them?
- Coastal Medical Center failed to plan for investment in HIT. Develop a list of three health information technologies CMC should consider implementing and the impact they could have on the organization.
- Develop an IT strategic plan for Coastal Medical Center.
- Who should be involved in IT strategic planning, and at what point should you involve them?
- How would you determine whether the IT and marketing strategic plan was successful?
A center of excellence is a team, a shared facility, or an entity that models leadership, best practices, research, support, and training for a particular area of medical expertise. You have been chosen to lead an initiative to evaluate the creation of a new center of excellence in healthcare program within your organization. Using the information in the book presented thus far and the databases discussed in this chapter, answer the following questions:
- Based on our discussion of leadership and your knowledge of hospital staffing patterns, identify five individuals, by specialty role or category, whom you would like to include on your planning team.
- Using the databases introduced, list which ones would be most useful in the strategic planning process you would use in developing the new center of excellence in women’s healthcare.
- Identify the type of data provided by each website, and explain its use in the planning process.
THIS IS THE BOOK FOR THIS THANK YOU
Course Text- Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare, Jeffrey P. Harrison, 2nd edition, 2016, Health Administration Press Chicago, Illinois. ISBN: 978-1-56793-791-6.