Change in Nursing
The field of nursing has changed over time. In a 750‐1,000-word paper, discuss nursing practice today by addressing the following:
1. Explain how nursing practice has changed over time and how this evolution has changed the scope of practice and the approach to treating the individual.
2. Compare the differentiated practice competencies between an associate (ADN) and baccalaureate (BSN) education in nursing. Explain how scope of practice changes between an associate and baccalaureate nurse.
3. Identify a specific client care situation and describe how nursing care, or approaches to decision making, differ between the BSN‐prepared nurse and the ADN nurse.
4. Discuss the significance of applying evidence‐based practice to nursing care and explain how the academic preparation of the RN‐BSN nurse supports its application.
5. Discuss how nurses today communicate and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and how this supports safer and more effective client outcomes.
Review the “APA Formatting Tutorial,” located in Class Resources. Utilize the APA paper template and the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center, to ensure correct paper formatting when preparing applicable assignments.
You are required to cite a minimum of four sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be appropriate for the assignment and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.