Assignment #3 is the final section of your innovative technology paper. For Assignment #3, you will be researching additional factors that need to be considered when adopting technology, including key stakeholders and associated costs/benefits of the selected technology. In addition, you will develop a plan for adoption, based on a theory, model, or framework. Finally, you will conclude your paper by identifying any barriers to the adoption of the technology that you might anticipate, and societal implications, and future applications. Any feedback received related to the first two sections of your paper should be incorporated into this final assignment. For this final assignment, you will be adding the following components:
- Section #1: Technology Description (including any required revisions)
- Section #2: Narrative Literature Synthesis / Evidence Summary Table (including any required revisions)
- Identify key stakeholders relevant to the adoption of the technology, including their investment, what they have to gain, and any source of bias.
Cost-benefit analysis/financial considerations
- Provide an analysis of the cost of the technology (e.g. cost of illness, cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit, etc.), the suitability of which will depend upon the availability of data and other resources.
Plan for dissemination and adoption
- Select a technology adoption theory, model, or framework
- Using the selected theory, model, or framework – develop a plan for adoption of your selected technology. The plan for adoption should include a discussion of how you would apply/integrate the theory into the adoption of the technology.
- Incorporate any relevant complexity leadership functions (operational leadership, entrepreneurial leadership, enabling leadership) that would be beneficial in helping facilitate the adoption of your technology within a clinical practice or organization.
Barriers to adoption
- Identify any anticipated barriers to the adoption of the technology based on the developed plan for dissemination and adoption.
- Provide possible solutions to address the identified barriers
- Discuss any policy, legal, ethical, cultural, and safety implications that are relevant to the adoption of the selected technology
- Discuss any future applications specific to the selected technology.