Apply quality improvement methods.
Chaparral Regional Hospital is a small, urban hospital of approximately 60 beds, and offers the following:
- Emergency room services
- Intensive care
- Surgical care
- Diagnostic services
- Some rehabilitation therapies
- Inpatient pharmacy services
- Geriatric services and
- Consumer physician referral services
Recently, the CEO has been hearing complaints from both patients and staff. You have been hired to design and implement a Quality Improvement Plan to help uncover quality problems and satisfactorily resolve them.
Your CEO has informed you that the Hospital has been invited to appear on a local cable television news station to discuss the proposed QI plan and how it will be applied. You are instructed to create a presentation with narration to put on the television show.
You may use any presentation tool you want, but your narration must specifically discuss how the QI plan will be applied by giving examples.
- Why are QI programs developed?
- What use are they for healthcare facilities?
- What potential use would your facility have for the QI plan?
Your audio presentation should include an introduction, a concise discussion of each slide, and a conclusion. Make sure to use audience-specific language and tone in your PowerPoint. Remember, you would be presenting this on a cable television show. The presentation will be assessed on your overall knowledge of the content, clarity of your voice, pronunciation of words, organization of your presentation, proper recording of your presentation, overall aesthetics and professionalism, and general clarity of your presentation.
Your presentation should be 10 minutes or less. Make sure to address the following:
- Include a link to the location of your live video on the last slide of your PowerPoint presentation.
- Make sure to use audience-specific language and tone in your PowerPoint. Remember, you would be presenting this on a cable television program.
Upload your PowerPoint Presentation to the assignment drop box.
APA formatting for the References slide, and proper grammar, punctuation, and form are required.