This Week’s assignment is to compare and contrast the role of the nurse executive and the role of the nurse manager.
You will Interview a nurse executive and a nurse manager.
Please address the following:
- Identify role differences as follows:
- What is the level of organizational influence and authority for decision making as it relates to staffing, retention & recruitment, patient & staff satisfaction, strategic planning, and finance management
- What is level of community involvement (colleges, local government, professional organizations)
- Whom does this leader report to on the organizational chart? How many people report to this leader?
- Explain this leader’s participation in interprofessional teams within the organization, the community, and at the national and global level.
- What are the challenges for each role?
- What are two examples of past or future plans to restructure within the organization?
- What is the role of the nurse executive and the nurse manager in the implementation of restructuring projects?
- Analyze your findings of the nurse executive role and the nurse manager role. For example, how are the roles similar and/or different? Compare level of authority and responsibility.
For this assignment you can opt to present the data in a table that addresses all the interview bullet points above. The table must present the data collected during the interview in a concise, relevant, and orderly manner.
All assignments, no matter which method used, must be submitted with a cover page/slide and a reference page/slide.
Slide presentations should not exceed 8 slides of content, excluding cover and reference slides. Audio for each slide should be no more than 1.5 minutes per slide.
Speaker notes must have at least 2-3 sentences per bullet point on each slide.
- Power point with voice over
This assignment is a presentation not a scholarly paper.
Voice thread not required, speaker notes would be appreciated !
Denisco, S. M. (2021). Advanced practice nursing: Essential knowledge for the profession. Jones
Crawford, C. L., Omery, A., & Spicer, J. (2017). An integrative review of 21st-century roles,
responsibilities, characteristics, and competencies of chief nurse executives. Nursing
administration quarterly, 41(4), 297-309. http://dx.doi.org/10.
Doucette, J. (2019) How to make a solid business case. Nursing Management 50(2) p56 doi:
Nix, M. (2017). Nurse Executive professional development. Nursing Management 48(12) 52-53
The AONL provides additional information: