Due April 9th at 9am Chicago time (central daylight time).
- 1 page paper on the research article (attached).
- This essay should be cited as an adapted chapter from an edited book (see Examples of APA formatting under Course Documents) from the following book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07933LYZT/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1. The citation information is listed on the bottom of every page of the essay.
- Double-spaced, 12-point font, 1” margins in academic paper format (i.e., Questions 2-6 should bewritten in essay format and the citation should be at the top of the paper.). Do NOT submit adocument with numbered answers.
- Your paper must include (unless otherwise noted on Blackboard for the reading):
- Give a full citation for the article using APA format (see APA examples on Blackboard) at thetop of the paper.
- Comment on your evaluation of the article. That is to say, what did you like about the author’s research and analysis, and why? How does their work fit into and contribute to communication studies?
- Conclude with additional information you would like on the topic or specific study. What are some questions (minimum of two) you would like to ask the author in their presentation?
- Discuss what “vast wasteland” means in the context of the essay.
- Finally, do you think “vast wasteland” is a useful term for us today to describe media/television?